Formerly the St. Tammany Hotel/ Motel and Campground Association was formed in October 1999. The purpose of the Association was to foster and promote the mutual benefit of the lodging and tourism industry which are legal, moral and ethical; to promote educational values and professionalism of those within the lodging and tourism industry; to maintain awareness and involvement in governmental affairs affecting the lodging and tourism industry and the membership as a whole.
· Promote the interests of our members through advocacy, education, and partnerships and advance the Northshore and St. Tammany as a visitor’s destination of choice.
· Foster increased profitability in member hotels through increased room nights and higher average daily rate
· Share valuable information on best practices, tourism and events in the area and the economic impact on the local & regional economy
· Allow each of us a voice in our industry regardless of the size of our business, realizing that united we are a much more powerful force.
· Learn about new trends, ideas, technologies and business skills.
· Help each of us improve our bottom line. Everyone benefits when the general business climate improves.
· Receive timely communications from the association on current trade practices, trends and reports of general interest.
· Assist in the enactment and enforcement of effective laws that impact our industry and our customers.
· Network and communicate with local businesses, civic and government entities to address issues impacting the hospitality industry.
· Collect data and information on how industry vendors and suppliers perform to assist in future buying and contract decisions.
The Northshore Lodging Association is a trade association representing more than 41 hotels throughout the St. Tammany area.
5 ALLIED MEMBERS
In addition to our hotel members, we also have over 5 Allied Members, a diverse group of companies and related industry partners who do business with hotels.
Our hotel members employ over 900 residents and aim to promote educational values and professionalism of those within the lodging and tourism industry.
The Northshore Lodging Association Hotel members have over 3,235 guestrooms, which assist in fostering increased profitability in member hotels through increased room nights and higher average daily rate.
A Message from NLA President
Adam Turni| General Manager
Homewood Suites by Hilton Covington
I have worked in hospitality since 2005 primarily in the downtown New Orleans Market, starting my management career at Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter/CBD working for HRI Lodging as an AGM. With HRI, I filled a Task Force Manager role and supported Full-Service Hilton properties across Louisiana-Mississippi until accepting my first General Manager role at Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport in 2015, and moving from there to be the Opening General Manager for the Homewood Suites New Orleans Westbank/Gretna in 2017. From there I was recruited by Peachtree Hospitality Management which has led me to my current role as General Manager of the Homewood Suites Covington.